Nokia under HMD Global holding onto its reputation of supporting its Android smartphones with new Android firmware updates has started to roll out the latest version of Android 9.0 Pie for its flagship 6.1 Plus device across the globe. The Nokia 6.1 Plus is known as Nokia X6 in China and runs on a customized version of Android on top.
As it is the case with all the manufacturers, the firmware update rollout begins on a different date at different locations. So, if you happen to be a Nokia 6.1 Plus user who cannot wait to get their hands on the latest Android 9.0 Pie, here is how to update Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9.0 Pie manually.
The good thing about Nokia is that the firmware update package released by the company does not have too many versions which make it easy to install the firmware on any Nokia supported smartphones irrespective of the region you live in.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Nokia 6.1 Plus
Note: This guide is for Nokia 6.1 Only. This firmware package may/may not support other versions including the Chinese version of the same device. Do not follow this guide on any other model except Nokia 6.1 Plus.
Note: This guide will not work if your Nokia 6.1 Plus is running Android 9.0 Pie beta.
Note: If you have encrypted your SD card on Nokia 6.1 Plus, make sure you decrypt the SD card before updating the phone.
The firmware update file is 1.31 GB in size, so you need to download it first from the given link. The installation procedure is easy to follow and can be done by even a novice who hasn’t done this before. Above all, you can experience the latest version of Android 9.0 Pie even before it hits the city near you.
1. Download the firmware update package from the official link. Make sure you download the build WW330B.
2. Move the downloaded file to internal storage by navigating to /storage/emulated/0/ on your phone.
3. Long press on the 5b5ef80dac7bcd5c16c169f8c1a3f401b4fa7d28.zip file and rename it to DRG-330B-0-00WW-B01-update.zip.
4. Now you need to launch the software update app by dialling the following number in the dialer app.
5. Wait for the package to be extracted and installed on your Nokia 6.1 Plus as it may take over 30 minutes.
Once the upgrading process is done, restart the phone. The initial boot may take some time, so wait for the device to boot normally.
Do let us know if you are facing any problems in the comments below.